Springer Proccedings are now available from the URLs below. Access will be free for all registered conference participants for the period October 15 to November 15, 2017.
https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-319-68560-1 (LNCS 10484, ICIAP 2017, Part I)
https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-319-68548-9 (LNCS 10485, ICIAP 2017, Part II)
Call for Papers
ICIAP 2017 is the 19th edition of a series of conferences organized biennially by the Italian Member Society (GIRPR) of the International Association for Pattern Recognition (IAPR).
The conference covers both classic and most recent trends in computer vision, pattern recognition and image processing and promises to be a very exciting forum where to meet scholars and students. Specific topic areas have been selected, each one overseen by scientists, among the main experts in the respective areas. The conference is structured in oral and poster sessions and foresees the invited lectures of distinguished speakers. Satellite workshops and tutorials are also organized.
Accepted papers will be included in the ICIAP 2017 Conference Proceedings, which will be published by Springer in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series (LNCS). Every accepted paper requires that at least one author is registered with regular registration fee and attending the conference.
The conference will be held in Catania, Italy on 11-15 September, 2017.
- Main Conference: 13-15 September 2017
- Workshop and Tutorials: 11-12 September 2017
- Full paper submission: 21 April 2017 (EXTENDED DEADLINE)
- Workshop/Tutorial Proposal Submission: (10 January 2017 – 7 April 2017)
The maximum number of pages is 10 + 1 references page. Papers will be selected by a review process.
Authors of ICIAP 2017 papers can find complete instructions of how to format their ICIAP 2017 papers in the following documents:
Additional information can be found in “Springer LNCS – Information for Authors of Computer Science Publications“. Papers can be submitted using the CMT available here.
When submitting the camera ready, a scanned version (in PDF format) of the copyright form, signed by one author on behalf of all of the other authors of the paper. The copyright form is available here.
Selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version for a special issue dedicated to ICIAP 2017. The following journals will publish the extended versions of the best papers of each area:
- IET Computer Vision (IET-CV, Areas: 1, 2 , 3 and 6)
- SPIE/IS&T Journal of Electronic Imaging (JEI – Area 4)
- Springer Multimedia Tools and Applications (MTA – Area 5, 7)
- ACM Journal on Computing and Cultural Heritage (JOOCH – Area 8)
More details will be published soon.
Call for Workshops
The International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing (ICIAP) is an historic international conference in image processing and pattern recognition organized by the Group of Italian Researchers in Pattern Recognition (GIRPR), endorsed by the International Association for Pattern Recognition (IAPR). The 19th edition of ICIAP will be held in Catania, September 11-15, 2017.
We solicit proposals for new and recurring workshops that will be held together with the 19th ICIAP. The conference will hold 8-10 one-day workshops (or some more half-day workshops) to be held on 11-12 September, in conjunction with the main event. We invite you to submit workshop proposals on any emerging or classic topics related to the broad set of research and application areas covered the by ICIAP conference. The mission of the ICIAP workshops is to publish early results in emerging
areas, or discussing highly focused and recent topics in image processing and pattern recognition. Returning workshops are allowed. Accepted papers will be published on Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
- The workshop proposal should contain at least the following information: Workshop Title
- Names and affiliations of main organizers and primary contact email. Internationality of the organizing committee is preferred.
- Motivation and rationale for the workshop.
- A draft Call For Papers (CFP), as complete as possible.
- The workshop deadlines (see below for the constraints and suggestions on the deadlines).
- A tentative composition of the committees (as complete as possible). Please indicate whether prospective TPC members have been contacted, and whether they have accepted the invitation. We strongly discourage speculative TPC listings and we encourage international TPCs.
- Invited speakers. Please indicate whether prospective invited speakers have been contacted, and whether they have accepted the invitation. Having strong invited speakers will boost the probability of getting the workshop accepted.
- Workshop format, i.e., expected number of presented papers, invited talks, panels, demonstrations, rough program outline, etc..
- Expected number of participants and the expected number of submissions.
- Prior history of this workshop, if any, including number of submissions, number of accepted papers, and attendee count.
- Similar workshops in the community, with similarities/dissimilarities of your proposal.
- Any special space or equipment requests.
- Workshop proposal submission – Opening Date: 10 January 2017
- Workshop proposal submission – Closing Date: 7 April 2017
Workshop proposal evaluation notification: workshop proposals will be selected on a first-come-first-served basis and considering the quality of the proposal. Notification will be given in about 20 days from the submission of the proposal.
- Workshops: 11-12 September 2017
- Workshop paper submission deadline (suggested): July 1, 2017
- Workshop camera ready paper submission: July 23, 2017
- Workshop author registration: July 23, 2017
Call for Tutorials
ICIAP 2017 is soliciting proposals for full-day (5-7 hours) and half-day (3-4 hours) tutorials to be held on 11-12 September, in conjunction with the main event. The conference will hold 4-6 one-day tutorials or a higher number if more half-day tutorials are proposed.
We invite you to submit tutorial proposals on any themes related to the broad set of research and application areas covered the by ICIAP conference. In particular ICIAP welcomes tutorials regarding emerging methods and techniques in:
- Video Analysis & Understanding
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning
- Multiview Geometry and 3D Computer Vision
- Image Analysis, Detection and Recognition
- Biomedical and Assistive Technology
- Information Forensics and Security
- Imaging for Cultural Heritage and Archaeology
The courses should provide an educational understanding of the methodologies involved rather than being a description of methods/papers in the state of the art.
To submit a ICIAP 2017 tutorial proposal please prepare a PDF document providing information about the tutorial contents with the following sections:
- Tutorial title and short abstract.
- Short bio of the presenters with affiliations and their relevant publications related to the tutorial topics.
- Motivation and expected audience of the tutorial;
- If available, prior history of this tutorial including number of attendees;
- List of previous presented tutorial on the same theme with a description of similarities and dissimilarities with respect to your proposal;
- Indication if full/half-day and tentative Syllabus with a breakdown of the topics;
- If material will be provided to the attendees before the tutorial (slides, code, etc.) and if any special requirement is necessary.
The tutorial proposals will be evaluated regarding the information provided and quality criteria related to the fit of the proposal given the conference topics, the timeliness and relevance of the topics, the experience of the presenters and the organisation of the syllabus given the time allocation (half-day/full-day).
Proposals will be selected on a first-come-first-served basis. Notification will be given in about 15 days from the submission of the proposal.
- Opening Date: 19 January 2017
- Closing Date: 7 April 2017
Please send your proposal by e-mail to the tutorial chairs (Gian Luca Marcialis – email@example.com, Giovanni Puglisi – firstname.lastname@example.org). The e-mail must have the subject “ICIAP Tutorial submission”.
Call for Special sessions
ICIAP 2017 will host a small number of special sessions that will be focused either on novel methodological issues or on emerging application scenarios. Special session proposals should clearly point out the topic of the session, and the process used to select the papers.
The proposal of a “methodological” special session should solicit papers that provide the audience with novel ideas and frameworks that are expected to have a significant impact in the near future. The proposal of an “application” special session should comprise the selection of a number of papers focused on solutions for emerging application scenarios.
- Special session proposal: 15 February 2017
- Notifications: 22 February 2017
The selection process should be managed by the organizers of the special session so that the deadline for the submission of the camera ready is the same as the one of the main conference.