ICIAP 2017 will be held in Catania. Catania is Sicily’s second largest city, with a population of around 300,000. It lies on the Ionian Sea, under the shadow of Mount Etna. Further information can be found here.
How to Get to Catania
Catania International Airport is widedly connected to many cities in Italy, Europe and in the world. The airport is located close to Catania city centre.From the airport, it is possible to reach Catania city centre by:
- Bus: the name of the line is “AMT Alibus” and it runs every 20 minutes;
- Taxi: for a fixed rate taxi service you can call Radio Taxi Catania on 095-330966 on arrival or before you leave to book it. The fixed rate is 20 euros from airport to city centre.
Catania is also connected to mainland Italy (Naples) by a daily ferry service, that runs between Naples and Catania every night. The Catania Port is very close to the city centre.
Other Sicilian Airports
- Comiso Airport: 90 km far from Catania;
- Palermo Airport: 239 km far from Catania;
- Trapani Airport: 320 km far from Catania
WHERE TO STAY
Conference attendees are responsible for booking their own accommodation. There is a wide range of options in Catania, but we have listed some options which might be of interest to our guests. This is not an exhaustive list.